Meet Sammy. This cute little peanut butter and jelly sandwich is actually a robot that teaches coding principles and skills to children in grades K-2. You don’t need a tablet, smartphone, or computer to program this robot; programs are created by simply laying down a sequence of physical code card. As the robot drives over the code cards, it will record them one by one with optical identification sensor. Now, place the robot on the map cards, and the robot runs the programs! With the 30 lessons and 6 different storylines, allowing children to explore a fantasy world and develop the computer science education.
KIDS FIRST CODING & ROBOTICS
‧Item no.: #7072
● Learn about programming logic and write simple programs using code cards, no need for additional technology like tablets or smart phones!
● Scenarios and stories make learning fun. Get hands-on with important programming concepts like sequences, loops, functions, conditional statements, events, algorithms and variables.
● Redesigned interlocking code cards make it even easier to write programs.
● Instruct the base unit to read the cards that contain your code. Use a variety of instructions (FWD, BWD, turn L/R, pause, and spin). Use the external gear on the base unit to interact with other models and perform tasks.
● Use math mode to develop children’s number skills.
● STEAM-based in philosophy and practice, laying a solid foundation for future engineers.
● Requires 3 AA/LR06 batteries – not included.